Wednesday, August 6, 2008

San Jose Jazz Festival: Strong Lineup..and not just jazz


I'm pretty blown away by the lineup for San Jose's Jazz Festival this weekend.

Check the Calendar here.

Plenty of years I've just camped at the blues stage, and there is plenty of reason to do that again: Big names such as James Hunter (the next Boz Scaggs), Eddie Turner, Gary Smith, Joe Bonamassa. That alone is a brilliant festival.

But then, on other stages you have John Densmore from the Doors doing a jazz thing (pictured above); one of my favorites ever, Zakir Hussain (a fixture around the Grateful Dead..and an Indian superstar) with George Brooks; Les McCann and Lonnie Smith; Tony Lindsay from Santana.

And I've only scratched the surface...

All for only $10.

I'm glad to be taking a stay-cation this year. This is a festival worth traveling a long way to.

No comments: