Friday, June 6, 2008

Radio Soup Writer Wins Two Awards



I'm in shock. I wish now that I had gone to the awards ceremony. To tell you the truth, I was afraid of what I might say to some of the mediocre minds who were instrumental in laying me off. I'll be curious to see how the Mercury News covers the story.

One day in this space you will read some of the true stories behind life at the Mercury News, that my lawyer says I can't print yet.

Meanwhile check out the list of Bay Area awards here at www.penpressclub.org

Here are the ones I won:

Columns-Feature
FIRST PLACE: San Jose Mercury News, “Male Call,” Jeff Thomas
SECOND PLACE: San Jose Mercury News, “Columns by Brad Kava,” Brad Kava
THIRD PLACE: San Jose Mercury News, “East Side/West Side,” Joe Rodriguez


Feature Story of Light Nature
FIRST PLACE: San Jose Mercury News, “Eat My Sports,” Daniel Brown
SECOND PLACE: San Jose Mercury News, “What If No One Calls,” Brad Kava

Well, thanks to anyone who voted for me and to the Press Club for having the ceremony. If I had been able to afford a ticket, I would have worn my "Will Write For Food" shirt and how come the guys who took my job didn't win any?

1 comment:

Bill Bowman said...

Congrats! Always nice when your peers recognize your work...