Thursday, October 18, 2007

Greg Kihn, People, Dean Markley, Mikel Hunter to be honored Friday in San Jose



San Jose Rocks, the lively younger arm of the San Jose Historical Society, holds its second dinner/concert Friday to honor musicians and technologists from the Silicon Valley.

Check the website for more details.

I found out last night, I'm inducting Greg Kihn, which is a great honor. I'm a long, long time fan, going back to my college days, and I've been lucky enough to be his friend for the last two decades.

I'll print the text of my speech, and some video, here tomorrow.

The $125 tickets are sold out, but there are $35 seats available for the show, which has been moved indoors to the Fairgrounds exposition hall (where Hendrix, the Dead and others played back in the day).

pics from last year's event, held under the radio tower...including paul kantner, jud cost and me.

No comments: